Our youth programs are funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WOIA). These programs serve economically disadvantaged young adults ages 14-24.
Programs services available to youth in the Concho Valley include:
- Tutoring, study skills training, instruction, and evidence-based dropout prevention and recovery strategies.
- Alternative secondary school services, or dropout recovery services.
- Paid and unpaid work experiences.
- Occupational skills training.
- Education offered concurrently with and in the same context as workforce preparation activities and training for a specific occupation or occupational cluster.
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Support services.
- Adult mentoring.
- Follow-up services after completing your education and employment goals.
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling.
- Financial literacy education.
- Entrepreneurial skills training.
- Services that provide labor market and employment information.
- Activities that help youth prepare for and transition to post secondary education and training.
All WIOA services are free and offered through the Workforce Solutions of the Concho Valley.
Call us at 325-653-2321 for more information.
Barriers to Employment and Education Requirement:
- Dropped out of school
- Not attended school for the most recent complete school year quarter if between 16 and 18 years old
- Subject to the juvenile or adult justice system
- Homeless or runaway
- Foster youth
- Pregnant or parenting
- Living with disability
- In need of basic skills or additional assistance