Workforce Solutions of the Concho Valley provides services to a variety of individuals. Specialize Services are available to individuals who meet specific eligibility requirements. These programs are design to provide additional assistance based on specific circumstances and defining characteristics. Below is a brief description of these services. For more information concerning these and other Workforce Solutions services please contact our office.
Workforce Solutions of the Concho Valley has a Veterans Department that works daily, 1-on-1 with all veterans and disabled veterans. They offer personalized service and prompt, personal attention helping veterans feel comfortable and relaxed, assisting in providing needed information and direction toward securing employment or training.
- Benefit information
- Case management, counseling, vocational guidance
- Employer relations
- Functional supervision of veteran's program
- Intake and assessment
- Job development
- Placement on jobs
- Promoting employment and training opportunities
- Referral to jobs
- Training information
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Texas Veterans Commission
- Texas Veterans Portal
- Tom Green County Veterans Service Office
AARP Senior Employment Program
Workforce Solutions of the Concho Valley provides employment assistance to older workers through our AARP Senior Program Specialists. This program is America's oldest and largest provider of mature and disadvantaged worker training and employment. They are a national non-profit corporation whose mission is to strengthen families, communities, and our nation by providing such individuals with opportunities to learn, work, and serve others.
- Empowers older Americans to remain productive and independent by providing them with employment and training opportunities
- Provides vital community services to over 12,500 government and non-profit agencies
- Builds partnerships that expand services for the growing and diverse older population and changing workforce
- Offers employers experienced, dependable workers and cost effective job training
Vocational Rehabilitation (formerly Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services, DARS) Provides services for youth, students and adults with disabilities to help prepare for post-secondary education and employment as well as to obtain, retain or advance in employment.