Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Serves 3 groups
- Low Income Adults: Adults 18 years old and up who are or underemployed and need help with training or other assistance to move into a job that will support them and their families.
- Dislocated Workers: Adults who have lost their jobs due to downsizing, loss of contracts, financial difficulty, technology upgrades, relocation, etc, and need training or other assistance to move into a job that will support them and their families
- Low Income Youth: Youth ages 14 to 24 who are at risk of not completing high school or who are out of high school and need training or other assistance to find work that will support themselves and their families.
- Funding for basic skills and occupational/vocational training and books
- On-the-job training skills available to help you gain new skills
- Basic tools needed for your new job
- Help with transportation issues
- Help looking for work
- Necessary clothing for an interview or new job
- Referrals for assistance with child care
- And more
Training is intended to help you learn the skills you need to support yourself and your family. You can choose from a list of certified training providers. We will help you complete the paperwork for federal financial aid.
All WIOA services are free!
Want to know what jobs are in demand in our area? Check out our Demand Occupations List.
Most popular schools in our area:
statewide provider list.
Do you need your GED? Please contact us at 325-653-2321 or visit the Howard College website.